A meandering journey to me asking for some universal understanding.
Things to look up
- Systemic Racism (Check out Dollop episodes on Ferguson http://bit.ly/2jJpWh5 and Chicago Black Panther Fred Hampton http://bit.ly/2kXHk70)
Also check into:
- Logical fallacies http://bit.ly/2kY0sl8
Mary Numair’s twitter thread that had a hand in inspiring this episode https://twitter.com/MaryNumair/status/824112565475164161
Might as well follow her https://twitter.com/MaryNumair
In the words of a golden android, “Here we go again!”
I’m just going to copy my show outline here for the sake of ease:
A primer for security and anonymity in the Trump age.
- Change your passwords, use simple algorithm to create complex one. Activate two-factor authentication
- clean your computers with virus scan and anti-malware software like malwarebytes
- Did you activate a password on your phone?
- Install a private server: ZING
- For the super paranoid/activist
- cover your cameras on your phone, laptops, computers when you’re not using them
- Secure encrypted email: protonmail.com
- VPN: shields your browsing and IP. secure.proxpn.com free unless you torrent, want alot of speed or want the extra step of foreign IPs
- Signal private messenger.
- Hard drive encription: veracrypt.codeplex.com
- vpn for your smartphone: disconnect.me
- privacybadger https://www.eff.org/privacybadger blocks spying ads and invisible trackers embedded in things like the facebook like button or G+
- want to give an anonymous tip to The New Yorker mag? https://projects.newyorker.com/strongbox/
- encrypted cloud services Tresorit or spideroak
A primer for how to resist in the Trump age.
- 46% didn’t vote in the 2016 election
- What happend with the Office of Congressional Ethics is a good guideline.
- Everyone on capitol hill is primarily concerned with getting reelected so…
- Phone numbers
- House oversight comitte’s phone number 202-225-5074 202-225-5051
- Dept of Justice 202-353-1555 202-514-2000
- US Capitol switchboard 202-224-3121
- Keep a list of things subtly changing around you so you’ll remember
- What we know
- What we don’t know
- The latest attempts at gaslighting
- Read this: Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting the Trump Agenda https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DzOz3Y6D8g_MNXHNMJYAz1b41_cn535aU5UsN7Lj8X8/edit
A reminder that nothing worthwhile is easy. It’s arduous and a grind.